(INDIANAPOLIS) -- An update to the Indiana Chamber of Commerce's popular publication, Here Is Your Indiana Government, is available for order and will ship this week. Teachers, college professors, libraries, business leaders and Hoosiers alike have used the publication to educate students and local communities since the publication's development by the Chamber in 1942.
Whether it's a class working on assignments about Indiana's government or just a citizen interested in learning more about how Hoosiers govern themselves, the 2013-14 edition includes over 300 pages of valuable information, such as:
- descriptions and contact information for Indiana's government offices and agencies;
- responsibilities of all elected and appointed officials;
- historical timelines;
- interesting facts about Indiana;
- updated information regarding the state's judicial and educational systems;
- additional charts, photos and graphics; and
- an updated list of contact information for elected officials.
"It is important for Hoosiers to know how their state and local governments function. This book can be used as a resource for them to have an understanding of each," offers Indiana Chamber president and CEO Kevin Brinegar. "It's especially beneficial as a classroom tool for Hoosier students."
The book is $19.50 per copy; however substantial discounts apply for bulk orders.
To order Here is Your Indiana Government or any other Chamber publication, call (800) 824-6885, email email@example.com or visit www.indianachamber.com/publications (legislative and government section).
The Indiana Chamber of Commerce partners with 15,000 members and investors -- representing 2.6 million Hoosiers -- to achieve the mission of "cultivating a world-class environment which provides economic opportunity and prosperity."