(INDIANAPOLIS) -- Twelve companies were honored as AchieveWELL companies during a luncheon at the 2013 Indiana Employee Health and Wellness Summit in downtown Indianapolis.
Hoosier companies working to create a corporate culture that encourages and supports employee health through worksite wellness programs are eligible for the designation. AchieveWELL provides an independent assessment of wellness processes and is divided into three levels: Three Star, Four Star and Five Star. The standards are progressive through the Five Star Award.
The new companies recognized as AchieveWELL are:
- Five Star -- First Person, Indianapolis
- Four Star -- Franciscan St. Francis Health, Indianapolis/Northwest Indiana
- Three Star -- Apex Benefits, Indianapolis
- Three Star -- Ball State University, Muncie
- Three Star -- Citizens Gas, Indianapolis
- Three Star -- Conner Insurance, Indianapolis
- Three Star -- Covance, Plainfield/ Indianapolis/Greenfield
- Three Star -- Gibson, South Bend/Indianapolis
- Three Star -- Hoosier Energy, Bloomington
- Three Star -- Hylant, Indianapolis/Fort Wayne
- Three Star -- Mulzer Crushed Stone, Tell City
- Three Star -- Outokumpu, New Castle
This brings the total of companies with AchieveWELL designations to more than 120.
Without dictating how worksite wellness programs are conducted, the AchieveWELL process offers a clear understanding of the necessary components of successful worksite wellness and recognizes excellence in the field of health promotion. Helpful tools, templates and personal coaching are offered to those seeking to become AchieveWELL organizations.
"These companies have a vision for their wellness goals and are taking a path to reach that. As a bonus, they are saving money by emphasizing health and wellness in the workplace," explains Chuck Gillespie, executive director for the Wellness Council of Indiana at the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
"To have our efforts recognized by the Wellness Council of Indiana is exciting to all of our employees," offers Laura Butler, advisor at FirstPerson. "In the same way we strategize, plan, and use health data and other information to formulate programs for our clients, we take the time to do so for our own internal team. It's an honor for our employee wellness program to be recognized as one of the best in Indiana."
The AchieveWELL program is free to members of the Wellness Council of Indiana. For information on joining the Wellness Council visit www.wellnessindiana.org or call (317) 264-2168.
The Indiana Chamber of Commerce partners with 15,000 members and investors - representing 2.6 million Hoosiers - to achieve the mission of "cultivating a world-class environment which provides economic opportunity and prosperity."