Indiana Guide to Labor Relations - Third Edition
|Ask a question||Add to Cart|
NOTE: The third edition is in production, and we have stopped selling the second edition. We expect to publish the third edition in summer 2017 and are now taking pre-orders.
What is it?
A comprehensive overview of how employers can deal effectively with all varieties of union issues in the workplace.
How many pages is it?
Nearly 100 pages of easy-to-read and easy-to-understand legal advice and recommendations.
Who wrote it?
The law firm of Barnes & Thornburg (Indianapolis).
What's new in the third edition?
- The NLRB’s "ambush" election rules
- New joint-employer rules affecting companies with contingent workforces
- Employee access to company email for union-related purposes
- The board’s continued focus on employer handbook policies
- Updates on micro-bargaining units
- The board’s expansion of "protected activity"
Who should order this product?
- Business directors
- Employee relations specialists
- General managers
- Human resource professionals
- Labor relations managers
- Management consultants
- Personnel managers
- Small business owners
- Anyone interested in dealing effectively with union issues in the workplace!
What topics are covered?
- Bargaining techniques
- Consequences of unfair labor practices
- Contract administration
- Decertification and deauthorization proceedings
- Dos and don’ts for management during union representational campaigns
- Effective employer/employee communication
- How the NLRA applies to your company
- Methods of union organization
- Tips to remaining union-free
- Union strikes – prevention and management
- WARN Act information
What is the ISBN number?
To order, add this guide to your shopping cart or call customer service at (800) 824-6885.
For more information on the law firm of Barnes & Thornburg, visit http://www.btlaw.com.
IF YOUR COMPANY IS TAX EXEMPT, PLEASE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE TO PLACE YOUR ORDER.