Employment Law Handbook - 12th Edition
|Ask a question||Add to Cart|
What is it?
A plain-English reference guide to every state and federal employment law that Indiana employers are responsible to comply with, and a source of legal advice on a variety of other employment-related topics.
How many pages is it?
This guide contains more than 300 pages of easy-to-read text that include everything employers need to know to stay in compliance with state and federal employment law.
Who wrote it?
A team of attorneys from the law firm Faegre Baker Daniels.
What's new in the 12th edition?
- New rules requiring federal contractors to pay an increased minimum wage
- Changes to the salary basis test and the highly compensated employee test in order to be salaried exempt under the FLSA
- OSHA’s new post-accident drug testing restrictions
- New administrative decisions and guidance related to expanded joint employer liability for leased employees
- OFCCP’s new pay transparency rules for federal contractors and subcontractors
- OFCCP’s updated sex discrimination requirements for federal contractors and subcontractors
Who should order this product?
- Benefits administrators
- Employee relations specialists
- Human resource professionals
- Office managers
- Management consultants
- Payroll specialists
- Personnel managers
- Business owners
- Anyone interested in keeping their company in compliance!
What topics are covered?
This new publication covers everything employers need to know:
- Employment at-Will Doctrine
- Written Employment Contracts
- Unfair Competition
- Hiring Process and Related Issues
- Employment Discrimination
- Workplace Harassment
- Independent Contractors/Temporary Labor
- Affirmative Action and EEOC Reporting Requirements
- Privacy in the Workplace
- Post-Hire Employment Practices
- Personnel Files, Mandatory Workplace Posters and Record Retention
- Wage and Hour Requirements
- State and Federal Child Labor Laws
- Employee Benefits
- Workers’ Compensation and Occupational Diseases
- Unemployment Compensation
- Leaves of Absence
- Veterans’ Reemployment Rights
- National Labor Relations Act and Labor Relations
- Alcohol and Other Drugs in the Workplace
When was it published?
To order, add this guide to your shopping cart or call customer service at (800) 824-6885.