Employee Benefits Guide - Fourth Edition
|Ask a question||Add to Cart|
What is it?
A simple reference guide designed to help employers understand employee benefits and create an employee benefits package that is both contemporary and competitive.
How many pages is it?
This guide contains more than 250 pages of easy-to-read text, including everything employers need to know about reviewing their existing benefit offerings and devising strategies to provide current and prospective employees with benefit packages.
Who wrote it?
A team of attorneys from the law firm of Ogletree Deakins.
Who should order this product?
- Benefits administration directors
- Business owners
- CEOs and CFOs
- Employee relations specialists
- Human resource professionals
- Personnel managers
- Anyone interested in being in compliance!
This guide explores the complex world of employee benefit planning, breaking it down into easy to understand topics and useful checklists for implementing your company's employee benefit plans. The book includes:
- NEW: The 4th edition includes impact of the Affordable Care Act on employer group health plan design
- NEW: The 4th edition also includes updates to HIPAA Privacy and Security Compliance rules for health plans to be implemented in 2013
- Separate chapters on health plans, retirement plans, and other types of insurance, fringe benefits and compensation
- Compliance tools will help you identify legal notice and reporting requirements
- Tips on designing or redesigning your benefit plans for ease of administration and cost savings
- Detailed discussion of tax implications for employers and employees
- Discussion of duties and liability issues for individuals who administer benefit plans as fiduciaries
- Checklists, web links and frequently asked questions will help you navigate the many legal requirements for your plans
This guide also includes information on:
- Insurance (life, disability and other)
- Cafeteria plans
- Retirement benefits
- Equity-based compensation plans
- Worker’s compensation
- Time-off and severance benefits
- Nontraditional work scheduling options (part time, flextime and telecommuting)
- Nontaxable fringe benefits
- Quality-of-life benefits
- HIPAA privacy for small health plans
When was it published?
The fourth edition was published in August 2013.
What is the ISBN number?
To order, add this guide to your shopping cart or call customer service at (800) 824-6885.
For more information on the law firm of Ogletree Deakins, visit www.ogletreedeakins.com.
IF YOUR COMPANY IS TAX EXEMPT, PLEASE CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AT (800) 824-6885 TO PLACE YOUR ORDER.